Maastricht University has a job vacancy for a Business Analyst, who will be responsible for providing the university with strategic, tactical and operational information relating to education.
The Business Analyst plays a crucial role in responding to change, as it is impossible to make good decisions without clear definitions and detailed reports. Maastricht University considers high-quality administrative information a prerequisite for realising its ambitions and targets, Moreover, a variety of obligations rely on the provision of information.
The Business Analyst will be located at the Student Services Centre and shall belong to the Virtual Central Business Intelligence Organisation of Maastricht University.
The Business Analyst will:
- Compile inventories of control information (reports) requirements relating to education;
- Compile reports, both requested and unrequested, relating to education (substantive, non- technical), both as part of the regular annual cycle and on an ad hoc basis;
- Advise faculties and units on current and future reporting options and advise on adequate applications;
- Ensure the provision of information for chain reports and participate in the national coordination of the standardisation of reports used outside of the university;
- Collaborate on the compilation of reports in the management information system and other management reports;
- To facilitate the above, perform analyses of data from our group systems and from external sources;
- Interpret the reports and provide factual explanation.
You possess analytical talent and are a communicative, pro-active professional who is capable of working effectively at different levels within the organisation. In addition, you are accurate, flexible and customer-focused.
- Professional and intellectual ability at an academic level;
- Preferably, a degree in Econometrics or Knowledge Engineering, or a degree involving module
- Statistics and methods and techniques;
- Strong analytical skills. You are able to bridge strategic information policy issues and operationally available information;
- Knowledge of methods and standards relating to data analysis (statistical methods and techniques, big data analyses, dashboarding);
- Adequate knowledge of analysis and reporting tools. Solid knowledge of Excel is a must.
- Knowledge of SAP BI and SPSS is an advantage. You should be prepared to take part in training where required.
Terms of employment
The vacancy concerns a full-time, temporary employment position for a fixed period of one year with potential for extension in the event of impressive performance. The position is in scale 10, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch universities.
Remuneration shall depend on training, experience and performance.
For further information about the position, please contact Patricia Meertens: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send a letter of application and CV, stating vacancy number AT2016.272, to email@example.com by 7 December 2016.