Internship Corporate Development
- Interships & Traineeships
Living in The Netherlands is mandatory for this position. As an intern, you will be actively involved in the Corporate Development projects, and will be based at Aegon's headquarters in the Hague, the Netherlands. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, both in the context of transaction origination and deal execution which involve M&A related tasks with a focus on Fintech companies. Main tasks include:
- Assist in the preparation of presentations (e.g. updates to the management board, pitches for potential partnerships);
- Perform in-depth analysis on: (i) companies (including their business model, strategy, financials and general profile), (ii) market trends in, for example, a certain region or distribution channel (e.g. digital), and (iii) Aegon business units; and
- Assist the team in the execution phase of projects, by preparing transaction documents and contributing to due diligence processes.
The Corporate Development team within Aegon is responsible for the origination and execution of mergers, acquisitions, partnerships and divestments across the US, Europe and Asia. Our goal is to deliver on Aegon’s strategy, by pursuing transactions that enhance the value of our global platform, explore new distribution channels (e.g. digital) and help better connect with our customers. Currently, we have a large transaction pipeline, both buy-side and sell-side, whereas the size varies from small to large cap transactions, as well as varying in structure (e.g. majority stake, minority investments, joint ventures). We execute deals mostly ourselves, sometimes with the assistance of advisors, mostly being large international investment banks and/or transaction services specialists. Next to M&A origination and execution, we assist Aegon’s Management Board and the Aegon business units on strategic & financial matters, as well as on restructurings.
This internship position is open to last year university (last year bachelor or master) students who live in The Netherlands, preferably majoring in Economics, Business, Finance, Econometrics, Engineering or Math. Your profile should include the following characteristics:
- Good academic results combined with extra-curricular successes;
- Affinity with (international) business / economics / finance / investments;
- Interest in the insurance sector, FinTech and M&A;
- Basic skills working with PowerPoint and Excel;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Highly motivated;
- and Strong team player as well as able to work independently
We offer a challenging internship in an international, dynamic and inspiring work environment at one of the leading financial institutions:
- Obtain relevant working experience by actively supporting both origination and execution of M&A transactions across the US, Europe and Asia;
- Exposure to transactions across different business lines (i.e. insurance, pensions, asset management, FinTech and banking), distribution channels and geographies;
- Large international dealflow, strongly initiated and executed within the Corporate Development team of 9 highly driven professionals;
- A competitive internship allowance; and 3 month full-time internship, 4 positions per year.
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry with competitive compensation and professional learning and development possibilities.
Aegon’s head office is located at Aegonplein 50, 2591 TV The Hague. Our building is easily accessible via Den Haag Mariahoeve train station, bus 24, or Aegonplein tram stop. Applications should include your CV and cover letter. Please contact Fatiha el Allati (Fatiha.email@example.com)