We're looking for a Quantitative Developer!
We're growing! We would like to expand our team with a Quantitative Developer to work on our energy trading and risk management software. Are you that enthusiastic junior, medior or senior quantitative analyst/developer with excellent analytical and programming skills? Do you have a keen interest in quantitative finance and model development? Next to being organized, having a good eye for detail is essential. You also have confidence in your solutions, and the communication skills to explain them to your colleagues and customers.
Are you talented, enthusiastic, and looking for a challenging job? Then send us your CV and motivation letter. Please confirm that you are an EU- citizen, or eligible to work in the EU.
Our analytical software is based on econometric models and mathematical algorithms. We develop original analytical solutions, often tailor-made for specific client needs. Our customers are mostly large international companies in the energy, chemicals or food industry. We are an experienced international team of 15 people, working on web development (mainly PHP), quant model development (mainly Matlab) and IT support. This position is based in Haarlem, the Netherlands.
Tasks Quantitative Developer
You will be:
- Developing quantitative solutions in Matlab for pricing, forecasting and risk management, primarily in the energy and commodity trading sector.
- Solving optimization and dynamic programing questions, looking for a new and innovative approaches to the quantitative problems.
- Maintaining the existing Matlab models and performing quantitative analysis on market data to support the pricing & risk functionality.
- Closely collaborating with your colleagues, both quant developers and (web) software developers to ensure the system is ideally built for the tasks at hand.
We expect that you have
- A university degree (MSc or PhD) in a quantitative field (computer science, mathematics, physics or engineering)
- Strong mathematical programming skills, in particular with Matlab.
- A good understanding of financial markets is essential, commodity markets is a plus.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English
- Good team working skills, as you will be part of an international team
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing, in dealing with our customers
- Competitive remuneration
- A nice international team of colleagues to work with
- A full-time position, 40 hours/week. It is however possible to work part-time and/or a day per week at home
- Pleasant office in the center of Haarlem, 5 minutes’ walk from the railway station
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org