Young Professionals Program
- Interships & Traineeships
What are we looking for?
We are looking for graduates (or soon to be graduates) in a mathematical or quantitative field (e.g. econometrics) whom are looking for a real challenge in the financial sector. If this is you, keep reading. We are VB Advisory, a group of econometricians with broad experience in the financial sector and we offer a Young Professionals Program, aiming to provide graduates with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience at a large financial player by applying and using all the mathematical models they have learned during their studies. We believe that with the right skills and attitude, you can become a specialist in your field in a relatively short period of time.
What do you need:
- 0 -2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong communicative skills and commercial qualities.
- Strong modelling skills.
- The capacity to translate highly technical material to an easy-to-understand format for the client.
- Problem solving mentality.
Who are we?
VB Advisory solely consists of econometricians whom are specialised in data analytics and financial risk management and have vast experience working as consultants in the financial sector. These experienced consultants will guide you during your journey, but you determine which way you go.
Over the past 5 years, we have noticed that in order to have a successful career in the financial sector it is becoming ever more important to have a specific skillset. We have used our experience in the design of our Young Professionals Program to reflect that need for personal development. We prepare freshly graduated quants to make themselves indispensable in the financial sector by working four days week on a project and spending one full day working alongside your supervisor. This guarantees rapid improvement in the first few months. For example, learning how to design and develop specific models, perform stress tests or scenario analysis or how to look at the impact of new regulations you add value where others cannot. Focus will be on developing that skillset which gives you the opportunity to excel and the ability to add value on a short notice so that during the program your responsibility as well as your impact will increase significantly.
What do we offer you?
- We contribute to both your professional as well as your personal development and offer a diverse set of consultancy work at the most prominent financial firms in the Netherlands. By offering a flexible model you can choose to what amount you would like to divide your time for personal development and hands-on experience at large financial companies using the latest econometric methods and solving the most prominent problems.
- Working closely together with young, enthusiastic team consisting of quantitative specialists.
- An informal internal business culture.
- Would you like to develop yourself in learning a new programming language or interested in engaging yourself? We encourage you to enrol in educational programs or certification examinations (e.g. FRM or CFA).
- A competitive salary including great benefits and perks.
Duration: 6 months to 2 years, depending on your preferences
Got enthusiastic and interested in our YPP program? Feel free to contact us by sending your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com.